mardi 27 décembre 2011

Tuna kinilaw (stop-over in Dumaguete Philippines).








    

Actually I should not talk about "the" kinilaw because there is almost one kinilaw  recipe per family in the Philippines. I got this recipe from my young neighbour, Cherri Lyn Osoa, which helped me to maintain the house in Dumaguete.
It is nearly impossible to buy nor kalamansi, neither coconut vinegar here in the small village I am living in, that’s the reason why I used half lemon and half tangerine juice.

Ingredients.
1 k tuna
the juice of 3 lemons
a quarter of an orange peel
5 cl of rice vinegar
1 spring onion
1 Dungannut grated (heriteria litoralis)
1 tbsp salt

Preparation.

Cut the fish into thin strips
Squeeze the lemon juice
Peel the orange quarter
In a bowl put the vinegar, salt, lemon juice and orange peel and leave it for ½ hour.
Chop the onion and the greens
Place fish in a dish.
Sift the juice and vinegar, pour it over the fish.
Grate nuts over the dish. The nuts will give the juice an opaque white like the color of coconut milk.
Allow the fish to "cook" until it becomes opaque.
Add the chopped onion and top with onion tails.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire