jeudi 15 décembre 2011

Stop-over in Sotchi.

You'll probably be surprised by my way of talking, dont be complexed, at my age, 71, I'm lucky not to have any complexes any more! Laugh, it's free and think of those who pay for laugh therapy!
Thank you!






This is a recipe inspired by Chris Walker’s recipe, he was one of the half finalists 2010 Masterchef.

To satistify a whim of salmon there was just a recipe I wanted to try for a long time.

I just love salmon eggs since I ate some on Sotchi's beach, in URSS in 1965!
We were spending hollidays at the club med! Too great, I know!
A lovely trip: Moscou, Leningrad, Erivan, Tbilissi and a week in Sotchi with a french cook to high up our mood as the local food was boring.
There, we could go to a seller who had a little shop on the beach, and buy bread with some eggs. As I'm talking to you, I still have as much pleasure as when I was there, my memory recalls the feeling of each little egg exploding in my mouth!

Tonight, I'll feat with the rest of the little eggs jar, and a bit of vodka on the rocks.

Ingredients for 2 persons.

2 salmon steaks
3 tbsp oil
1 quail eggs
2 minced shallots
1 stalk celery
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 leaf of laurel
some heads and fish bones
some cod eggs
1 tsp dill
salt and pepper
¼ cup dry white wine
¼ cup white Nolly Prat
¼ cup water
½ cream

Preparation.

For the creamed salmon.
Brown the shallots and garlic in 2 tbsp oil.
Add the fish bones and heads, the Nolly Prat, the water, laurel and dill.
Salt and pepper
Bring to the boil.
Skim the surface and simmer four 30 m.
Pour through a sieve to keep the liquid only.
Return to the heat and add the fresh cream to thicken.

Season the fish.
Heat a frying pan, pour oil and cook the fish
Poach the quail eggs.
Pour some soup in the plate.
Place the fish in the center?
Top whith a quail egg.
Sprinkle the dill on top.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire