dimanche 18 décembre 2011

Stewed trotters. Stop-over in Kenya.




As I started  my african culinary stopovers in Congo with the moambe,  let us continue the trip and rest for a while in Kenya to enjoy some “stewed trotters”. I am an offals lover as  the famous writer Anissa Helou
You can find lots of offals recipes on my french  blog La triperie There is a Google translator engine waiting to help you.


Ingredients :

2 pigs trotters cleaned and cut into pieces
1 large onion
1 sprig rosemary
salt and pepper
1 glass red wine
1 blade of mace
1 egg yolk
juice of one half lemon
2 handful white breadcrumbs.

Preparation.
Boil the trotters pieces in salted water during about 2 hours or until the flesh floats off the bones.
Strain the liquid and remove the flesh, place in a dish with the rest of the ingredients.
Bring to the boil and simmer for half an hour, stirring from time to time.
Add the breadcrumbs and stir well to amalgamate the mixture.
Leave it for a short while.
Beat together the egg yolk and the lemon juice and stir vigorously into the stew.
Serve with mashed potatoes.

You'll probably be surprised by my way of talking, do'nt be complexed, at my age, 71, I'm lucky not to have any complexes any more! Laugh, it's free and think of those who pay for laugh therapy!
Thank you!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire